Maryland Corps/Service Year Option Prospective Host Site Partners: Fact Sheet
Become a Host Site Partner
Priority Deadline: March 1st, 2024
What are the Service Year Option and Maryland Corps?
The Service Year Option program provides recent Maryland high school graduates, GED recipients, or those who have earned a high school completion certiﬁcate the opportunity to spend one year with partnering organizations that support their growth and development. In turn, the opportunities provided strengthen Maryland’s workforce and expand the state’s employment. The Maryland Corps program shares those same goals and aims to recruit more seasoned individuals looking to pivot in their career or reenter the workforce.
What Type of Organization Can Partner with Maryland Corps and the Service Year Option
Maryland Corps/Service Year Option Host Site Partners are nonproﬁts, government agencies, or businesses of all sizes and industries. We seek to develop a cohort of Host Site Partners that is diverse and representative of the State of Maryland. The common denominator among all successful Host Site Partners is a commitment to Partnership with our Department, and to supporting our Members.
What Does a Partnership Look Like?
- Hosting 2-5 Members from September 2024 to June-July 2025.
- Providing meaningful work, ongoing supervision for the participants including on-site professional development, job training, and mentoring.
- Support required professional development activities for members, including online education and monthly in-person meetings.
- Work with the Department of Service and Civic Innovation, in supporting access wrap-around services to participants (examples include childcare, transportation, housing, behavioral/mental health support, crisis intervention, substance abuse prevention or treatment, legal aid assistance, ﬁnancial literacy skills, job search and college application support).
- Committing to strengthen the talent pipeline into high-demand jobs, state and local government positions, and to ﬁll present and future employment needs in Maryland.
What Does DSCI Need from Partners?
Partners share the commitment to develop and support the talent needed for Maryland’s future. After a year of service with your organization, the supervision and mentorship has allowed participants to develop skills that will enable them to successfully make the transition from the program to employment or an institution of higher education, toward vocational certiﬁcates, associate degrees or bachelor’s degrees.
Maryland Corps/Service Year Option Program Participant Beneﬁts:
Earn at least $15 an hour
Develop as Professionals
Earn Money for School for Future Plans
Program Begins: Sept.11, 2024
- Program Concludes: June-July 2025
- If selected, participate in virtual matching process with Maryland Corps participants beginning Spring 2024.
Does Partnership Come with a Cost?
Cost-sharing is a goal of the Maryland Corps/Service Year Option program. All organizations, regardless of size may participate; however below are the cost-sharing goals, for:
- Small Organizations (fewer than 50 FTEs): DSCI may cover full cost of Member salary and the $6,000 completion award
- Large organizations (50 or more FTEs): DSCI may cover cost of Member salary, but there is a mandatory $12,500 contribution per Member
- Organizations of all sizes will be asked to provide an employee health benefits package to Members, though assistance can be applied for!
For more information contact email@example.com
Host Site Partner Application